- $650 Entry Fee plus your $55 2017 Grand Slam Sanction Fee!
- $550 TEAM GATE FEE. This equates to $45.83 per player based on 12-players per team. This is to HELP SAVE PARENTS a TON of Money by attending our event. Do the Math: $8 per day for adults x 2-parents = $16 per day x MINIMUM 3-days of admission cost = $48. 4-days = $64 and 5-days = $80. This doesn't even include kids over 12, grandparents, other relatives, friends, etc.... Just ANOTHER way for us to show our appreciation to the teams for supporting GRAND SLAM SPORTS TOURNAMENTS and our 2017 GRAND SLAM WORLD SERIES OF BASEBALL!
- Huge Opening Ceremonies on the Sunday prior to WS 1, 2 & 4 at beautiful PIER PARK with pool play games starting on Monday for WS 1, 2 & 4. Opening Ceremonies for WS 3 on the Monday prior to the event with games starting on that Wednesday. Championship Bracket play starts on Wednesday or Thursday each week and concludes on Saturday! SUNDAY IS THE RAIN DATE! PLEASE prepare as though you will play on Sunday. Our opening ceremonies parades are second to none in the entire Country! Viewed by THOUSANDS of people at beautiful Pier Park who are not even involved in our baseball event! It is truly a one of a kind experience for the players! ALL teams will have Tuesday, July 4th as an OFF day in WS Session III!
- Pin Trading Headquarters and Vendors Galore plus HUGE Pin Trading Event at Rock-It Lanes right after the Opening Ceremonies Parade. We also feed all the COACHES FREE at the Pin Trading Event! This event takes place the day before games begin at Rock-It Lanes in PCB!
- Grand Slam Supplies Two New Diamond Baseballs per game!
- Team & Individual Awards including the now famous 7-foot tall 4-real wood bat 35-pound Championship trophy to the top-4 teams in each age division and class PLUS in 2017 we will unveil our Biggest and Best WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS for all champions!!
- Host Properties: We strive to give you the best options on housing at the Beach. Visit our Web Site at http://www.grandslamtournaments.com to see our 2017 Housing partners as we are posting them daily!
- Our World Series are not just a Tournament, they are an EVENT! We BELIEVE very strongly in making this an unforgettable experience for every participant!
- We give EVERY team a DAY OFF to enjoy the beach and the area attractions!
- We play by National Federation High School rules with the Grand Slam exceptions that you can find on our website under the RULES link
- We have an official sports photography company, ROMO PHOTO, that captures all the great moments and experiences of your World Series event!
- FOUR game guarantee, 2-pool play and DOUBLE Elimination Championship bracket play!
It is very easy to sign up for one of our World Series events.....
Go to our website at http://www.grandslamtournaments.com
Create your team account, pay your once annually sanction fee, register for the World Series you want to attend and you are on your way!
When determining what class you are in a particular age division with Grand Slam, we offer FOUR separate classes: ROOKIE, AMERICAN, NATIONAL & ELITE:
Keep in mind that classifying teams is VERY SUBJECTIVE and a very inexact science. Unfortunately there will always be "sand baggers" & "trophy hunters" in our world but we do the best we possibly can to make sure all teams are classed appropriately within the Grand Slam organization. Will we always get it right? Absolutely not! Again, it is very subjective and a lot of teams are what we call "tweener" teams; teams that can potentially dominate the American class one weekend and not even complete in the National class the next weekend. This is the gray area when it comes to classifying teams. We leave it up to our respective State Directors to place teams in the class they feel is best suited for that particular team. We reserve the right to move a team up or down prior to our World Series event or during the regular season based on their play in the Grand Slam sanctioned events. For teams who do not have the opportunity to play in our qualifying events, we place them in the class that is on an equal basis with other travel baseball organizations.
The “ROOKIE” class teams are start-up and rec ball type teams.
The "AMERICAN" class teams are teams that are average travel ball teams and not quite at the elite level of their age division.
The "NATIONAL" class teams are teams that are above average travel ball teams and compete on a higher level than the American class teams.
The “ELITE” class are teams that are the cream of the crop in their respective age division.
We try and separate our teams in our World Series events into the Four Classes whenever possible but we do reserve the right to make an age division an "Open" event if necessary for an age division to make.
All 8-U CP through 14-U teams that are based in GEORGIA, ALABAMA, NW FLORIDA PANHANDLE & MISSISSIPPI are required to play in FOUR total qualifying events which includes the 2017 Southeastern Championships or your particular State's "State Championship" event in order to participate in a Grand Slam World Series event. 15-U and up teams do not have to play in any qualifying events. Teams from ALL other states can register on a FIRST COME BASIS as there are NO qualification procedures.
We urge you to sign up for your World Series event NOW as they sell out well in advance. World Series Session I was sold out by late February, early March in 2016. Session II Sold out shortly thereafter. If you are required to play in qualifying events, you can sign up for these later.....DO NOT WAIT as you could get shut out of the week you want to play!
2017 Fun in the Sun Lodging Program
It's never too early to sign up for the 2017 Grand Slam World Series of Baseball in beautiful Panama City Beach! The 2017 event promises to be more enormous and competitive than ever before. We are excited to launch our brand new "Fun in the Sun" Lodging Program, designed to help teams save money on 2017 accommodations.
We have worked tirelessly with our housing partners to create special discounted rates for your team. This year we have a "Fun in the Sun" Rebate Program that will save you $200 off your team gate fee and provide discount cards for every family to use to enjoy savings at local restaurants and attractions.
Feel free to book your reservations as a team or individual families. You qualify as long as your team books a minimum of seven rooms directly with one of our lodging partners (not a third party site) . Then simply print and submit our housing verification form (available on our website after Jan. 15, 2017). Once completed you will receive your $200 team gate fee rebate and family discount cards upon arrival.
Our Grand Slam lodging coordinator will contact you after you have registered for your World Series of choice and explain how we have worked endlessly with our lodging partners to design rates specifically for you. We will assist you every step of the way to make sure you find the right accommodations to fit your budget and needs. This early planning allows you to reserve your rooms now and make payments throughout the year. This is just one more way we can show our appreciation for your support of our Grand Slam World Series of Baseball! We strive to ensure meaningful and memorable experiences for your team while visiting the world’s most beautiful beaches.
For more information on the Fun in the Sun Lodging Program, contact Jennifer Boyette at email@example.com
** 95% of our host properties are 5-10 minutes from ALL of our playing venues!
Hope you find this information helpful and we sincerely hope you can join us in 2017 for arguably the Nation's #1 World Series for Youth Travel Baseball! Take care!